The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
♥♥♥♥♥
Title: The Hunger Games
Year Published: 2008
Format: Physical
Genre: Fiction, Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopian

Review*:
  I know, I'm late to the game.It's also coincidence that I'm reading this series as the announcement of The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes just happens.
  For a few days, I tried to figure out what to say about this book that makes it worth 3 stars. Over-all the story is awesome for demographic, however the writing was fairly bland. I can see why it was popular among the young adult audience, yet people naming their children Katniss seems really extreme. 
   Thinking about the time frame of when this book came out and the movies were released, I think a lot of the momentum this series got was residual from the Harry Potter and even Twilight franchises. People were really into book to movie adaptations, and without that drive I don't know if this series would have reached the powerhouse fame it has now. What I will say is that out of all of the book to movie adaptations we saw, this one by far outranked a lot of the rest. Whoever Suzanne worked with to get this on screen nailed at least the first book and movie. I haven't fully watch the next two movies, so I will most likely watch them post finishing the book. Jennifer Lawrence was an amazing Katniss and totally nailed, and also elevated the characterizations of Katniss. The unapproachable attitude that book Katniss had was perfectly portrayed by Lawrence and really made it believable. 
  Theres not much more I feel like I can say. I would like to link to Jay Kristoff's review of the book, because I think he summarized it perfectly.  I would recommend and I also plan to continue the series.



*This review may contain spoilers.

Comments

Popular Posts