O. W. L.s Magical Read-a-Thon 2020

Hello readers!
It has finally arrived my friends! We are onto the 2020 O.W.L.s Magical read-a-thon!
Today's post is going to be my picks for this read-a-thon. If you have never read of this read-a-thon before, please check our G's video or the shiny new website with all of the information. I've participated in both the O.W.L.s & N.E.W.Ts before and I've done posts you can find with a quick search here.

This year, I have chosen to pick a career and stick to it. Looking through the career guide, which is located on both the video and website, it was pretty easy for me to pick. I was in a very open head space when I went through this information. Mercury retrograde was ending, there was a full moon, and I hadn't quite made it to Friday the 13th, but it was close enough.
I will going through my O.W.L.s to be an Aurologist.

For this, my prompts & picks are:

Astronomy: Night classes, read a majority of this book when it's dark outside.

I'm just going to go ahead and dive into this book. 

Diviniation: Third Eye, assign numbers to your TBR and use a random generator to pick your book.

I decided to go to Goodreads and look at my "Want To Read' list rather than stick to the TBR I posted about back in January for the year. I didn't expect to get to this one so soon, but I am excited to get it through my TBR faster.

History of Magic: Witch hunt, a book about witches/wizards. 

This one I had two choices from my actual TBR to go with, I hemmed and I hawed but I finally chose to go with Circe. It's a book that's been on my TBR for at least two years and I'm definitely feeling some Greek mythology.

I did look over several of the seminars and although I'd love to go for my animagous, I couldn't find enough books on my TBR to fit into the prompts and I don't want to just add books to add books. I may hop into reading a few more depending on how long this social distancing is in effect and I feel coming out the other wise reading. 
Let me know what you're reading by posting below either your list, link to your video or blog post, or find me on Twitter so we can keep track of our progress.




Comments

Popular Posts