Hits & Shits

Hello readers!
As someone who constantly consumes social media, I love when influences of any type do favorites and least favorites videos or posts. So, I decided to fulfill my blogger dreams and do my own lists. They will be quarterly, and probably reflect a lot of items from the last season. Sometimes I may not have favorites and it's all stuff I didn't like or vice versa. There will be no books in these lists, since I review those individually and I imagine you can gather whether or not I enjoyed it based off that information. However I will have bookish items, everyday items, maybe some make up in here as well


These are from November to January.

Hits:



Spotify partnered with Google to provide free Google Nest Minis to their premium customers in November. Already being a huge fan of Spotify, I was super stoked to be able to pick one of these up since my husband and I have been toying with the idea of getting one. We keep it on top of our refrigerator kind of hidden and it's super nice to just say "Hey Google," and have music start playing while we are cooking, cleaning, or working on the remodel project we have going on. 
I got a second one for Christmas and so far I'm enjoying setting reminders with it when I get home. The only issue is the wifi isn't very reliable so I can't listen to music.



Quite honestly, I think this is a hit for everyone who's been using it the last 3 months.
Not only did it bring us baby Yoda, the most precious thing on the planet, it has a HUGE selection of movies, TV shows, and shorts. 
I can't say it has everything because my husband and I decided to watch the entire Avenger saga and The Incredible Hulk was not on there.
We've been blowing through movies we haven't seen in years that we both loved, either Disney Channel originals or just movies that are now part of the Disney umbrella. I'm impatiently waiting for Frozen 2 to come out because I REALLY want to see it but I'm picky about movies I see in theaters. 



One of my favorite parts of the new year is setting new goals. January generally is my work 'light at the end of the tunnel' month where a lot of the hats I'm juggling all end at the same time and I can breathe and work on the projects I'm more passionate about rather than hitting deadlines.
I use a planner and I write down everything everywhere. What I want to read, what I'm currently reading, do I want to change X,Y, or Z? I plan out blog posts until the beginning of March and give myself a false sense of security in content but also try to push myself to finish at least 3-4 books before February. 
It's when I get shit the fuck done, son.


Shits:

As much entertainment this brings, can we please recognize this for the shit it is?
Nothing on it is nearly as funny as vine. I will come out and say it, there are far too many furries on it. And, I feel like platforms like this are the reason why our ice cream gets extra security.


For some reason, I have not been enjoying audiobooks. I thought it was being picky about the narrator, which is still part of what I dislike about books. However the last three months I've been pushing through the same fucking audiobook and although I am enjoying the actual book. 




I am not saying Twitter is a shit. It's the trending tags that are shit. Not even really just the tag, by all means keep #trumpisanasshole trending until November. However it's the behavior that stems from those trending topics that is completely awful. I'm just a casual browser, and I usually never comment on anything because although I may have an opinion, whether supporting or not, I'd rather not waste my precious time stating it on Twitter.
I do however, enjoy my curated Twitter feed. Book releases, support for different countries, conversations around books, I'm here for it fam.


Comments

Popular Posts