Blogmas Day 9- Favorite Christmas Foods

Hello readers!
Today's Blogmas post is all about my favorite Christmas foods, snacks, treats, and drinks.

1. Sparkling Apple Cider: For me, this isn't necessarily specific to the holidays, I will drink sparkling cider any time of the year for any reason. It's my all time favorite drink. I even love hard apple cider, regular apple cider, the apple flavored ice drinks which are like diet apple cider, and hot apple cider. Just, give it all to me.
And every year I usually buy like 5 bottles to bring to Christmas/Thanksgiving to share and it's never enough.
2. Chocolate Oranges: I feel like there is some controversy regarding chocolate oranges being good. I am on the team in favor and I only ever eat these on Christmas. They remind me of my Grandma and going to her house and eating a piece in the kitchen while I watched everyone cook.
3. Baklava: As far as I know, there are no cultural traditions in my family tied to baklava. I think the reason I associate this with Christmas was because it was the one time of year someone would gift it to us. I do love baklava because it's not a super sweet pastry, but it's so buttery and delicious. It's a nice balance between something super rich like fudge and something overly sweet like candy.
4. Peppermint Mochas: I love me a fancy hot chocolate. A peppermint mocha is just an even fancier hot chocolate with coffee and minty flavors. On a nice cold morning with a fresh layer of snow, a hot cup of mocha with a peppermint stick is just right.
5. Fudge: I am not a huge sweets fan, I usually would prefer salty of sweet in most cases. My husband is the complete opposite which is totally fine with me because I know he'll eat the candy or pastry no problem. However, a nice piece of fudge with walnuts is amazing around the holidays. I usually make peanut butter fudge for my coworker because every year he asks me too and he's the only one that I like a little more than everyone else. 

What are some of your favorite holiday treats? 
Let me know in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts