Blogmas Day 8- My Christmas Tree!


Hello readers!
Today's post is a tour of my Christmas tree!
I actually got a new tree this year. Previously I had been using a super cheap tree I picked up from Walmart many years ago when I first started dating Ethan. Now I have a huge fake tree I got from Costco that takes like 5 minutes to set up and has its own lights.



It's a 6 ft tree, the lights can either be warm white or colorful however I am VERY MUCH not a fan of colorful lights on my tree. I'd rather have them outside and even then, meh.


We have also switched from a tree skirt to a tree cuff. I have had a tree skirt for the last couple of years and I always hate how dingy and gross and curled up it constantly gets. Especially with two dogs and a cat, all of the "needles" that fall off the tree, ugh it wasn't worth it. The cuff is so much nicer because it hides the bottom but I don't have to mess with it, like ever.


My husband, Ethan, has always been a fan of toy trains. He has a pretty decent collection from when he was a kid. I got him a Hogwarts express one year for Christmas, so every few years we end up putting it under the tree. This year we didn't get around to it, but I also didn't get around to finding a topper either. 


As I mentioned in a previous post, my husband and I have a tradition of picking up new ornaments every year. I have some filler ornaments over the years, but most of them are mis-matched that we have collected.

These are my favorite ornaments:

 The bulbs are ones I DIY'd after I receive some similar with our wedding invitations in them. The Hunter Snowman is actually my brothers. We have two that are a cowboy & cowgirl.
The felt red gondola with the star is one I bought from work. We have a few fabric ornaments so this one tied in nicely.
The hedgehogs were a gift from my MIL the year we got married. We had hedgehogs on our cake. By the time you are seeing this post, they have broken and I had to try to find a replacement.
The dalla horse I bought because one of my favorite books as a kid was from Jan Brett had one in the story. I picked this one up at World Market a few years ago and I just got a copy of Christmas Trolls from amazon.


Tell me about your Christmas tree in the comments below!
Do you have more than one? Do you do specific themes for your tree(s)?



Comments

Popular Posts