Top 5 Wednesday- Favorite Rereads

Hello readers!
Today's top 5 topic is my favorite books to reread!
I am an avid rereader. I tend to really love to take my time to process things, specifically with reading and art. I can stare at a picture for a long period of time just soaking it in. It was one of my favorite parts of being a Fine Arts student. Working with so many other people and getting to soak in the story behind their art before they explained it was really interesting. 
Rereading I like because if I love a book, I tend to fly through it. By rereading it, I may pick up more details of the story to appreciate it more. Sometimes I reread a book just to feel like I've come back home.
1. Harry Potter: I think we can all agree that Harry Potter is the epitome of reread material. No matter how many times you read it, each time you feel like you are experiencing the story all over again, or from a new angle. I haven't done a proper reread in years, though it is in my goals for the next couple of years to reread the entire series in one sitting rather than the book a year I've been doing for the past few.
2. ACOMAF: I've reread the series twice, mostly because I really enjoy parts of the first book and the second book is obviously my favorite. I have just ACOMAF on my nightstand to do a reread of just this book again.
3. Blood & Chocolate: This is hands down my most reread book of all times. I love this story and it's pretty short so it's a breeze to get through. Vivianne is one of my favorite characters and I love the slight slow burn we get between her and another character that I wont spoil. ;)
4. Necklace of Kisses: I've mentioned this before but Necklace of Kisses is my favorite book in the Weetzie series. I love the magic of the hotel and the small stories that build the plot in this one.
5. Psyche in a Dress: I've only read this book twice, but the second time I forgot how brilliant it is. In my opinion, you kind of have to read the entire thing in one sitting otherwise it's easy to lose track of the story and characters with the way they are written. However I think Block pushes the norm for POV writing in this one. It's also a greek retelling, so I'm already a fan.
Let me know your most re-read books of all time!

Comments

Popular Posts