Top 5 Wednesday- Fall Bucket List

Hello readers!
Today's top 5 topic is the top 5 things from my fall bucket list.
To give more detail, each fall there are things I like to do to celebrate the season. It can be either family functions, switching flavors of coffee, or a wardrobe change. Not everyone does these exact items, some people don't care for the season, thats fine.
But for me, autumn is life.

1. Carving pumpkins: For my family, this is a tradition we've done since I first started dating Ethan. We have refined it though for our preferences. Despite possibly visiting a pumpkin patch, we never buy pumpkins there. We always go to Winco or Costco to pick up our pumpkins because usually, they have the best looking pumpkins for the greatest value. I'm not spending $30 on a medium sized pumpkin where I could spend $10-ish on the same size or slightly bigger. We wait until the weekend before Halloween to carve them and I usually put on a Halloween movie and bake the seeds we pull out. It's a process, but the tradition is what I value. What we carve varies each year.

2. Consume something pumpkin flavored/scented: Everyone is all about the PSL but ya girl could care less. I will be waiting for the creme brulee latte if I'm going to get worked up about anything. However; the pumpkin donuts, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin waffles, pumpkin bread I'm all about. Even pumpkin candles or lotion. I need to bring the pumpkin to the inside to complete the ritual of being prepared for Halloween.

3. Decorate my planner for fall: I am a crazy planner lady, specifically Happy Planner because I enjoy the vertical set up. I buy one every year after obsessing over the covers, pick it out and fill it with so many things. I don't personally live an extremely busy life. However the process of getting out my washi tape and stickers, I use scrapebook paper to spruce up the blank pages. It usually takes me like two hours but I set up for the entire month with picking out cohesive paper and so on. As soon as September hits, I start to switch to more neutral tones. Once October is over, I go hard on the clearance for stickers, paper, washi tape, whatever. 

4. Corn maze/ pumpkin patch/ apple picking/ haunted houses: This is usually the most hit or miss for me mostly because Ethan is not nearly into these things as I am. Last year we went to a local string of markets referred to as Apple Hill in Placerville, CA. It's a bunch of little farms that offer a bit of a variety in fall themed things. If you do go, you have to get an apple pie because they are HUGE. The main farm has a large market that you can get canned veggies, apple butters and sauces, and has a bar for their cider sampler. Part of the area is also the Jack Russel brewery where I got thoroughly hammered. It's definitely a kid friendly place as well, just expect a lot of driving and stopping and traffic. My go-to place is the giant corn maze in my home town, at Lattin Farms. They do a different theme for the maze each year and they have a petting zoo, pumpkin patch, and train ride.

5. Wear witchy things: My last bucket list item is the one I am currently working on. I have a lot of witchy themed pins thanks to Stina's pin subscription. I will usually pick out an array and put it on my denim jacket I wear through the month. I move the witch hat one to any sweater I may have switched to on colder days or throw it on a scarf to really show it off. Otherwise I have my favorite orange flannel, a skirt/crop top combo that makes me feel like I just left The Craft filming, and I'm a fan of patterned socks. Someday, I'm just going to leave the house with a witches hat.

Do you guys have bucket lists for the holidays or the season? Let me know in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts