Top 5 Wednesday- Favorite book from a series

Hello readers!
Today's top 5 topic is one that I made up, or at least I don't think we've done previously. It's favorite book from a series. I'm going to pick from series I have completed as of the time of this post, so I may revisit this topic again in the future after finishing more series. Although the ACOTAR series is slated to continue, I am still including it because the original character POV and story line has concluded.

1. A Court of Mist & Fury- This to me was a well executed book, specifically for pacing and story progression. ACOTAR was also good, however I had an issue in the middle as we transitioned from Feyre trying to figure out her life in the Spring Court to rescuing all of Prynthian. In ACOMAF we get a lot of development from Feyre and from the the plot that runs really smoothly and fits into place without you pausing and wondering where the story is going. The way we start the book with a broken Feyre and end with her standing up for her family as a warrior was a fluid and awesomely executed arc. 

2. Ruin & Rising- I feel like enjoying Ruin & Rising is an unpopular opinion for some reason, but when I think of all the events that happen in all of the books, the last book ticks a lot of boxes for me. I think Bardugo did an amazing job with pacing in the first two books and building up to the finally. What I enjoyed the most about R&R was that there wasn't any way to expect the ending but it was fullfilling. The loss in the book was satisfying, despite me stating before I would have liked if Alina had become some sort of martyr for the people. 

3. Illuminae- Book one really set up an amazing story for the remainder of the series. The information we receive, how we receive it, and then the climax was just perfectly executed. I've seen a few people mention, and I can agree based off of my own feelings, that Gemina and Obsidio came off as regurgitated plotting and despite loving Hannah to bits, I think that's why Illuminae stands out for me the most in this series. I truly wasn't expecting the events to unfold with AIDAN but by the time we made it to Obsidio, it's almost like we were anticipating when AIDAN would finally show up to save the day.

4. Cinder- Over-all I was very meh about this series, however I originally really liked Cinder. Her character had dimension compared to a lot  of others, and how she's written in the remainder of the series. As a stand-alone, I think Cinder was a great execution of a Cinderella retelling. 

5. The Last Olympian- It was hard to pick between The Lightning Thief and The Last Olympian. TLT made me feel really sad for Percy and the struggles he had to learn to adapt to before finding out the truth. TLO was like a victory on how far Percy came through the series and embracing what his destiny was.  

Comments

Popular Posts