Top 5 Wednesday- Favorite Authors

Hello readers!
Today's top 5 topic is my top 5 favorite authors. Pretty straight forward, which I'm here for.
However thinking for hours and hours, I cannot come up with someone to fill the number 5 spot. Instead of just plugging someone in, I'd rather leave it blank until someone comes and rips it from my hands.

1. Francesca Lia Block- Francesca is an author that I have actually made an effort to read as much as I can of her published work, and a few of them a couple times. I first picked up Echo in middle school and couldn't stop consuming the raw but whimsical way that Block writes her stories. I've done a dedicated post on her writing and why you should check it out. The imagination she has in these books really fueled mine as I grew up.

2. Rick Riordan- There is nothing I love more than a well executed story. Details and organization are like the two things I crave in life, so to see an author execute both and well is amazing. The amount of relevant information Rick adds to the worlds he creates and the creativity is amazing. The way the stories flow from one to another is also important and executed well. Another author, that I have mentioned before and does this well, is Jay Kristoff specifically with the Nevernight series.

3. J.K. Rowling- I don't know how to start this other than, Harry Potter was pretty revolutionary in literature. The story that Rowling created was beautifully executed on the pages of all 7 books and hold a special place with so many people. I really try to remove myself from the added drama of post-Potter commentary from the author because I want to preserve the authentic emotions I have towards the series. Fantastic Beasts is enjoyable, but there is no way it would ever hold a flame to the original. 

4. Annette Kurtis Clause- Another author I've done a dedicated post for. I think I've reread Clause's books more than any other author I've read, including the Harry Potter series. Vivianne was an amazing character that helped me understand independence, despite her natural environment of being in a pack. I like the way that Clause makes her characters relatable despite the books being small. 

Comments

Popular Posts