Monthly Wrap Up- June

Hello readers!

Today's post is another monthly wrap up post. I still haven't done much reading, so I plan on mostly talking about highlights and TV shows I've watched this month.

Books I've Read
Look, I've read a book!
I got my copy of Memento in the mail as a pre-order for Aurora Rising. I managed to finish it in the same day I read it. I'll have a full review coming soon, but spoiler alert... I liked it.

Movies I've Watched
While visiting family this last month, we went to go see Rocketman in a super spontaneous moment. It was such a good movie, despite not being the biggest Elton John fan I totally enjoyed it. I found myself thinking about the story afterwards as well and I'll probably watch it again when it comes to any of the streaming services I have.


TV Shows I've binged or started
After the hurt of GOT, I saw on Reddit a list of TV shows with actually satisfying ending. I've technically slept through this entire series once, so my husband's seen it but it was a first time view for me. Over-all, I don't think I'd rewatch this show once I was done but I did enjoy it while I watched it. There just wasn't a singular character that I felt any sort of attachment too. When I break down why I don't like these characters, it's an odd display of how good the writing is. I find Walter to be extremely selfish, but he's a chemistry teacher with cancer trying to find a solution to his problem, so... 
Skyler is the most annoying character and I think her personality feeds onto Walter. Yeah she gets lied to about where Walter is and left behind by her husband, but like fuck lady, there is a lot going on right now. Also, her singing Happy Birthday Mr. President was super cringey. I thought I liked Marie and Hank but meh... they got less interesting after Hank was injured in his shoot out. The plot is super satisfying, but the characters not so much.


Youtube channels I've been watching that aren't related to books


I've watched Hot Ones by First We Feast for a while, however this month I've been binge-ing old episodes. My personal favorite is Neil Degrasse Tyson. I've known about him for a while but I've never really found anything with him speaking or read any of his books. I love his take on science though. I was explaining it to my husband but I feel like Tyson is the adult version of Bill Nye when it comes to science. He has a way of talking about it that relates to what I find interesting or relatable now the way Bill did when I was a kid. If you haven't checked out this channel on Youtube, you're definitely missing out.




Comments

Popular Posts