Edition vs. Edition Round 3

Hello readers!
Today's post is another round of edition vs. edition!

For those of you unfamiliar, this was originally created by Common Spence on Youtube. What we do is take one book and compare the different editions of the book. This could be country vs. country, special edition vs, original, etc.

The first books I'm going to talk about is the first in the Shatter Me series. Almost everyone who is familiar with Young adult literature is familiar with the current covers all having eyes like the book on the left. The cover on the right was the first published in 2011 by Harper. Neither one of these are particularly my favorite though I do enjoy seeing the way each cover has a color change.



The next two covers are from two different publishers. The cover on the left is from Tor Teen, which is its US cover. The cover on the right is from Pan McMillian, which is the UK cover. I like both of these covers however the UK version would have to be my favorite. I love the colors and simplicity of having the sea fox on the cover.




These two books are the same story but published six years apart. The right cover was the original mass market version of the book published by Harper Collins. The left was the paperback published by Harper Collins Children's Books. Artwork on both is stunning, so it's hard to pick. I love the portrait on the right, however as I think we all know by know, the simplicity of the left cover also draws me in. 





These two covers are super similar as far as alternative covers go. They are also the same publisher just a year apart. The cover on the left was published first by Doubleday. The cover on the right was published a year later by Anchor, which is an imprint of Doubleday. I can't tell from these pictures, but my copy was a used Target edition that looks like the left cover. There is a double cover page where the red strip shown here states its a Target edition and underneath is a modified version on the cover on the left that includes the hand, tent, but also has praise blurbs as well.





Thats all for today's version of Edition vs. Edition. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Comments

Popular Posts