Top 5 Wednesday: Spring Reads

Hello readers!
Today's top 5 topic is my spring reads!
As I've mentioned several times on my blog already, I decided to have a structured TBR this year, even down to what books I plan to read in what quarter of the year. Since I'm hoping to make it through at least 10 books from April until June I'm going to list my top 5 picks from what I plan to read. This in order of most anticipated to least.

1. Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo- I have technically listened to Six of Crows, so I understand the story, however I didn't pay enough attention to feel like I got much out of it. That being said I plan to re-read Six of Crows and continue to Crooked Kingdom. I'm excited to see how Bardugo's writing has evolved after the Shadow & Bone trilogy, I'm also looking forward to the characters.

2. Wicked Saints by Emily Duncan- I only discovered this book at the very end of 2018 but man am I excited. I've never read anything by Duncan and I'm not very familiar with the folklore tied into this story, but I am looking forward to the characters and the gore.

3. Wintersong by S. Jae Jones- This series has been pretty popular around the internet for a while. I don't know much more other than the love story in this is good and there is a Goblin King. Despite not hearing great things about the sequel, I'm pumped to hop in.

4Two Dark Reigns by Kendare Blake- I have this love-hate-neutral relationship with this series. I talked about it mostly in my review of One Dark Throne. The pacing and multiple POV annoys me however certain characters intrigue me and I need to know what happens at this point.

5. In An Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire- I always look forward to the books in this series just because it's such a nice read. Like no more than I have a pleasant time reading these books and experiencing a little nonsense. 

For those of you not familiar with Top 5 Wednesday, or would like to participate, it is a Goodreads group. We post all of our lists every week to review with each other and support conversations.

Comments

Popular Posts