Top 5 Wednesday: characters that embody your Hogwarts house.

Hello readers!
Today's topic is a good one, it's characters that embody your Hogwarts house.
Now up until I did the official Pottermore quiz, I was 100% convinced that I was in Ravenclaw. However I was officially sorted into Slytherin and after thinking it through, I can feel like I can relate to the house more. We're not bad people; we just have a bad reputation. This is actually my favorite topic so far because I think morally grey characters tend to embody a lot of characteristics of Slyherin. To help identify these characters, here are some of Slytherin's best known characteristics: resourcefulness, cunning, ambition, determination, self-preservation, fraternity, and cleverness.

1. Rhysand from A Court of Thorns & Roses- Rhysand I think is the best representation of what I think displays the mis-understanding of Slytherin's. In ACOTAR, he is a bit manipulative, definitely self-preserving, resourceful AF and comes off as an ass. However his intentions are in the long term, for the good. Sometimes you have to get passed the hard exterior to understand the hard decisions people make, which is the process we go through with him in ACOMAF. 

2. Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows- Literally the most Slytherin character written in YA literature next to Snape and Katharine. Self-preservation, check. Cunning, check. Ambition, check. Kaz is definitely someone that feels that the end justifies the means, especially in the first book. In my opinion, this is the one trait he realizes may also be a flaw in his make-up.

3. Lysandra from Throne of Glass- Lysandra is goal orientated. She doesn't necessarily join Aelin's cause because she is best friends with the Queen, but more-so because she understands that by being her ally and earning trust, she could come out farther ahead than being a whore could ever bring her. That isn't to say that there isn't a friendship and some love built there, but I believe the underlying reason Lysandra accepted Aelin's proposition is self-preservation.

4. King Cardan from The Cruel Prince- Cardan is another character that comes off very harsh but underneath may not be as bad as people make him out to be. In The Wicked King particular I think we really get the other end of his personality and understand a little more that for him, the end justifies the means. That being said, despite the ending of book 2, I am fully confident that Jude is coming back to extract some revenge and also because I think Cardan really does love her. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

5. Katharine from Three Dark Crowns- Snakes, poisons, and a cunning family dynamic? I'm sorry Draco I didn't realize you had a sister. Add in Katharine's eyes for the prize and she screams Slytherin. 



For those of you not familiar with Top 5 Wednesday, or would like to participate, it is a Goodreads group. We post all of our lists every week to review with each other and support conversations.

Comments

  1. I said Jude from Cruel Prince... but also they're all Slytherins in that book honestly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, trying to think through the characters there isn't one that doesn't fit except maybe Oak but we don't know enough about him.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts