Spring Book Tag

Hello readers!

Today's post is celebrating making it to Spring! 
We're doing a Spring Book tag!

1. Whats on your Spring TBR?
Ha, I have a total of 10 books I'd like to read between April and June.
Six of Crows duology, Snow Like Ashes series, Wintersong duology, Wicked Saints, and read Two Dark Reigns and the two novellas in the same world.
I am also continuing to get through the Mortal Instruments, I've been tackling these via audiobook.

2. If someone asked you for a Spring release recommendation, what would it be?
Going through all the Spring releases I could find, I can't really recommend any because I either haven't read the series yet or I know nothing about the stories. 
The only release I can really suggest is In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire. It is part of a series, though I've heard from many people that it's not a chronological series so you can pick up the books whenever. I would suggest Every Heart a Doorway first, just because there is some explanation there that may not be conveyed in the rest of the books.  
The entire series is great, it's super out there magic with teenaged characters and they're not very long. I've found when I get in a reading slump I can just plug in this series via audiobook and dive right back into reading. The characters are also super diverse in orientation and personality.

3. Which two books coming out before summer are you eagerly awaiting?
Wicked Saints by Emily Duncan & Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.

4. Which character would make a great Easter bunny?
Hagrid. He just maybe wouldn't be a white Easter bunny.

5. What book makes you think of Spring?
I'm picking this one not just because it's in the Spring Court. I originally picked up and read this in like March/April of 2016. I very much tie in scents and seasons to reading books, especially if they evoked a specific feeling for me. I'm sure we're all familiar with this feeling, especially if we tend to re-watch or read Harry Potter in the fall. This was the first book I dove back into and made me re-fall in love with reading as an adult. Some people may find the entire series very tired, but I do have significant memories tied to it.

6. Name a cover with flowers on it.
I have not read this book and it's not even on my TBR but I do really love the cover. The vibrant colors are super appealing. 

7. Which two characters would you go on an East egg hunt with?
If we're working as a team, I'd pick Mal and Nikolai. Mal, because he'd find the eggs no problem. Nikolai because I don't truly need a reason, and because he would have the most outrageous means to find the eggs.

8. What is your favorite Spring bookish activity?
100% shopping at my local book store. They have Warehouse days at least every three weeks for used books people bring in to trade for credit. From Thursday to Saturday, every book is .99 cents and on Sunday, you can fill a paper grocery bag for $5. Spring is the best time to go because it's not nearly as hot as summer and I can't typically make it in the fall and winter. 

9. Which book did you enjoy that has a Spring-like cover?
I know I've listed this before, but most of the covers of the books I have read are pretty dark colored. I like this one because the story is a little bit darker than the cover so I kind of feel the Spring vibes as Ruby transitions from her trauma to her recovery which I think is portrayed with the cover. 

10. Who is your favorite contemporary author?
I'd have to pick Francesca Lia Block. I love that she adds a bit of magic to the modern day world just by having her characters believe in it. I also think right now is the best time to dive into her work. A lot of her stories tie me to summer, but depending on where you start and how much you enjoy her writing they are all quick books that would be great to bring to the beach. 


I tag whoever would love to do this tag!
If you want to do it, feel free to take these questions, answer them, and if you're feeling friendly, post a link so I can read them in the comments.



Comments

Popular Posts