Monthly Wrap Up: March

Hey guys!
Today's post is another monthly wrap up. Now before I get into the books I read, bought, and a general recap, I want to rewind to my 2019 TBR. 
In January I posted about having quarterly goals for the year to make sure I'm on track for reading 50 books this entire year. My goal for the first quarter was to read 11 books and I managed to read 13 for my first quarter. I'm feeling pretty good because 50 books became extremely daunting when I remembered there are only 52 weeks in a year, meaning I'd have to smash through a book a week. I'm a decent reader, however finding time to read is the hard part. I work 10 hour days and have a 45 minute commute one way, when I get home sometimes I just want to veg out!

Anyway, onto the rest of my wrap up!


I slowed down on this series a lot after Windwitch. Something about book 2 really derailed my progress for reading in general. That being said I finished Sightwitch and decided to postpone reading Bloodwitch.



I tried starting This Savage Song twice on audio book using Libby, however I would get through Kate's first chapter and move to August and have no idea what was going on.
I switched to physical copy for This Savage Song and was able to make it through a lot faster. 



I continued this series via audiobook. I am trying to get through the mortal instruments before I typically cancel my Audible subscription in April so wish me luck!



The only book I bought this month was one I wasn't planning on picking up until I actually had time to read it. However after Jay posted that the pre-order gift(?) was going to be a prequel to Illuminae I couldn't control myself and decided to order it. So yeah, I'm now the future proud owner of Aurora Rising. If you are also interested in the pre-order goodie, check out Jay's website or Twitter. It's somewhere there between all the stabbing and talks of murder.

March was a very slow reading month for me. It was a mixture of feeling terrible and not being able to focus on reading and having some slow stories that created a little bit of a slump. I was planning on participating on the O.W.L.s read-a-thon since it's my favorite read-a-thon next to N.E.W.T.s but I don't want to derail from my current reading goals any more than I already have, so unfortunately I think I'm going to skip participating. 

Comments

Popular Posts