Edition v. Edition Round 2

Hello readers! 
Today's post is another Edition vs. Edition.
For those of you unfamiliar, this was originally created by Common Spence on Youtube. What we do is take one book and compare the different editions of the book. This could be country vs. country, special edition vs, original, etc.

Our first contenders are Nevernight US (left) vs. Nevernight UK. (right).
Though both covers are beautiflu, I am a bigger fan of the U.K. edition. The details in the crow are amazing and the simplicity in the cover art gets me every time.




The next contenders are three copies of the same book.
Six of Crows, the original (Left), Six of Crows, the special edition (Middle), and Six of Crows France (Right).
I like all of these for different reasons. The original has these beautiful grey clouds that speak to me. The Special edition is beautiful for the simple black and red, spayed edges, and the symbolic imagery on the cover. However I think the french version is my favorite. I love the colors, the simple clean lines and the crew on the front, it looks extremely close to Crooked Kingdom.




The next two books I have are The Wicked King vs. The Wicked King Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition. I picked up the B&N edition, however I absolutely love the cover of the original Wicked King. That color blue is gorgeous and I think it speaks a little more to the themes of the story.



Our final two contenders have very subtle differences, but it's one book that made me realize that certain countries may have slightly different cover art.
A Court of Thorns & Roses U.S. (left) and A Court of Thorns & Roses U.K. (right).
I personally really prefer the U.S. version over the U.K. The background in the U.K. is just a little too simple, where as the silhouette of the woods tells you a little bit more about the story. ACOTAR is by far my favorite cover out of the trilogy.

And that's it for this episode of...
EDITION vs. EDITION.
Stay tuned for our next round.

Comments

Popular Posts