Top 5 Wednesday Topic: Love interests you would have broken up with.

Hello readers!
Today's Top 5 Topic is a pretty interesting one, it's love interests you would have broken up with. This topic is probably one of my favorites to use in reflecting in literature, just because there is so much reflection and dissecting of characters traits and actions that it's easier to discern a terrible love interest than in real life.

1. Aiden from Blood & Chocolate: In case you haven't read every other post that I've mentioned this character, I don't care for him. Annette did a good job making you kind of have some puppy love towards Aiden, however I probably would have been a bit turned off by the disrespect that went both ways between Aiden and his parents. Nevermind that he rejected Vivianne for being a werewolf in a terrible way, despite her presentation being less than stellar. There's just something about him that I didn't automatically love.

2. Chaol Westfall: I am happy with where Chaol landed in the entire series. I wish he hadn't bothered trying to date Celaena especially so close to Dorian and her having a thing. I also would have slapped him for his behavior in books 3 & 4. As I've mentioned before, he comes off extremely arrogant, which for me surpasses his redeeming qualities. 

3. Nesta Archeon: I understand people going through a trauma. I even see myself a lot like Nesta in some aspects, mostly her unyielding intensity. However, after the events in ACOFAS, I probably would steer very clear of her. It felt like she was just being malicious to hurt her sisters and Cassian, which is such a petty thing to do but you can't always help people who don't want to be helped. Regardless, I'm looking forward to reading about how she changes in the next installment.

4. Maven & Cal: Ugh. Just Ugh. I disliked this love triangle the entire book. Up until War Storm, I was rooting for Maven and Mare to work it out and somehow end up together but she kept going back to Cal. It just felt super weird because Cal came off as a really good friend so there wasn't the intensity that Mare had with Maven. War Storm made me dislike Maven, mostly because he lost the interesting parts about him and just deflated. 

5. Hideo Tanaka: I didn't care for the love interest in this book at all. I don't know if it's because I listened vs. read it but I was extremely underwhelmed.There was something pretty off about Hideo as well. It almost felt like he just manipulated Emika's feelings because she was star-struck. 

This is my list, let me know what slimeballs or questionable OTP's you've found below.


For those of you not familiar with Top 5 Wednesday, or would like to participate, it is a Goodreads group that can be found here. We post all of our lists every week to review with each other and support conversations.

Comments

Popular Posts