Monthly Wrap Up: February

Hello again!
Today's post is another monthly wrap up. I constantly felt like I was behind with my reading this month, but I managed to stay pretty consistent. I wasn't planning on picking up any books this month, but I went on vacation and figured I'd treat myself. 


So, without anymore rambling, this is my monthly wrap up.


I read The Night Circus this month and I absolutely loved it. I already have a pretty long review up about this book and why I liked it so much and some in depth thoughts about the plot and characters. Again, if you haven't read it I suggest you do.



I started the Witchland series this month as well, which is convenient because Bloodwitch came out around Valentine's day. I thought about pre-ordering Bloodwitch, but I knew I wouldn't be that far into the series just yet and I didn't want to jump the gun. 


I was able to catch up on this series using Libby, the audio book app that connects you to your local library. Fortunately my library had a copy ready and available so I was able to finish this book fairly quickly. This part of the series goes over two of my favorite characters from The Wayward Children series, Jack & Jill. I forgot how heavy yet light-hearted the tones of these books are, though I really love McGuire's writing. 


For books that I purchased in February:



I went to Barnes & Noble, which isn't where I typically pick up books unless I am looking for something super specific. Since I still have a few books to pick up for my TBR, I decided to hit up the store this time. These two I am planning on catching up on. I realized as I purchased these that I screwed up on my TBR by thinking there were three novellas.



This is another for my TBR this year that I didn't have. I managed to pick up Wintersong on book depository but I didn't want to take my chances with waiting for the sequel to show up there and still not have it by the time I wanted to read it.



I don't live an extremely eventful life, however this month my husband and I decided to take a vacation. November-April is kind of our lock down time for taking short trips, so since we can't go camping for a weekend or take short trips like we do in the summer, we usually take a vacation near his birthday in February. This year we decided to go to San Diego for a few days. We're both from there and have family that still live in the city.

View from the Skyfari Aerial Track at the San Diego Zoo.

I didn't take any pictures, except for buildings because clearly I have priorities. We did some touristy stuff like visit the Zoo, some museums and Seaport Village. Our hotel was super cool since they were renovated appartments in Balboa Park. They had blinds behind the beds that reminded me of the paintings in the Haunted Mansion ride from Disney. It was definitely the recharge I know I needed and going from back-to-back snow storms to the beach and 60 degree weather was really nice.


Let me know how your month went in the comments below!

Comments

Popular Posts