Top 5 Wednesday: Hyped 2019 releases I don't care about

Hello readers!
Today's Top 5 Wednesday topic is 2019 hyped releases I don't care about.
Just because these books are on this list doesn't mean they are terrible or you shouldn't pick them up. This is my personal list of books I don't care that much about.
  1.  On The Come Up by Angie Thomas: I'm one of the few people out there that hasn't read The Hate You Give by Angie, but based on the popularity and the small momentum I've already heard for her second book, I can imagine this one will get hyped closer to it's Birthday. I don't really plan on picking this book up mostly because I'm trying to stick to my TBR that is mostly fantasy.
  2. The Girl King by MiMi Yu: I've seen a few people on Instagram already talking about this book. However reading the synopsis the plot sounds very recycled to some other books already released in the last few years that I don't think I'll dedicate time to this book, at least not in the near future.
  3. Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson: Although this book looks like it's right up my alley, after reading the synopsis I feel more confused than intrigued by what the story is about. The aspect of magical libraries will always peak my interest, but how it's librarians vs. sorcerers leaves me feeling like this book may be a mess rather than a mystery.  
  4. Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare: As someone who is very new to the universe of Cassandra Clare, the main reason why I don't really care for the release of Chain of Gold is mostly because I'm still back on Book 2 of The Mortal Instruments. There is also a small part of me that resents this madness continuing on.
  5. Children of Virtue and Vengance by Tomi Adeyemi: I haven't read Children of Blood & Bone and I don't plan to in the near future, so this release is kind of meh for me. I've seen hype for the first book, but I still don't know enough about the story for me to want to really pick it up. As much as I hate drama, especially the Twitter variety, I also have a bad taste in my mouth regarding the tiff between Tomi and Nora Roberts over title creativity. 

And that is my list of new releases I don't really care about. If you guys want to talk over any of these releases, feel free to comment below.
Thanks!

Comments

Popular Posts