Twelve Days of Christmas Book Tag

Hello readers!
Today's post will be a Christmas themed book tag since I'm over my head in trying to read for the Christmas at Hogwarts read-a-thon.
I found this tag on Owlcrate's Youtube channel.



QUESTIONS:

1. A Partridge in a pear tree:
Favorite Stand-Alone Book?
It was hard for me to get into this book, but once I did I really loved it. I've talked about it many times in the last year and I've fully reviewed it so if you need to know more of why I loved it, I'd check there.

2. Two Turtle Doves:
Fictional OTP/Favorite Ship?


Hermione and Ron didn't make sense to me.
However there was totally tension between Hermione and Draco. Although the only thing close I would ever get to this romance is fanficiton, which I refuse to read, I love the idea of this pairing.

3.Three French Hens:
Favorite Trilogy?

I loved this series so much! Although each book brought in a new element to the over-all story, we get this awesome continuous adventure in space.


4. Four Calling Birds:

Favorite Fictional Beast/Creature?
Bryaxis was such a sweet creature. I love that despite the terrifying manner that has been built up against it, when asked what it wanted in return for it's help something as simple as a window was it's answer.
I believe it was either Feyre or Rhysand that claimed that deep down, Bryaxis was just a dreamer itself.
I loved this creature simply because despite the prejudices against it, it showed a softness that wasn't portrayed as a weakness.

5. Five Golden Rings:
Show 5 Golden Books

We can throw back.
 See what I did there?

6. Six Geese a Laying:
Rotten egg- What's your least favorite book?


Now, I've answered this question a million times with the same answer. I hate The Woodcutter and you all should know it. However, rather than beating a dead horse and giving that garbage air time, I'm picking a different one this time.
I was lent Pillars of the Earth by a vendor at work. He saw me reading fiction and thought I'd like it. I can get into a big book, however this was a long, drawn out singular story that didn't feel like it was going anywhere for most of the story. The villain didn't feel clearly outlined, the protagonist swapped so very frequently, I just felt like there wasn't much of a point other than to just read this.


7. Seven Swans a Swimming:
Show a Book with Water on the Cover
Although the entire series felt like a really long and drawn out experience, I did enjoy Cruel Crown.
One of the reasons I initially liked the Red Queen series was because of the events that happened in the Red Queen, including the back story of the houses. Cruel Crown is a bind up of two short stories, one on Cal's mom and the other on Farley. If you haven't heard King's Cage yet, make sure to pick up this before hand because I think it really adds to the conflict that Cal has with the crown.


8. Eight Maids a Milking:
What fictional food do you wish you could taste?


The can of soup from Chapter 55.
We all know.
By the way, I hate this question because food isn't something I think about in books.

11. Eleven Pipers Piping:
Favorite Book-To-Movie-Adaptation Soundtrack?
Hi. Excuse me. Please sit down. This is the only answer. Thanks.

9. Nine Ladies Dancing:
Favorite dance between two characters?


Depeneding on what kind of dance, Mia has quite a few in Nevernight.
My favorite is her dance against Jessamine while going through the trials for the Blood Church.

10. Ten Lords a Leaping:
Favorite Book-To-Movie-Adaptation?
I haven't read Dumplin yet, but when I found out Jennifer Anniston was playing an ex-beauty pagent queen and had a mother-daughter relationship strained by self-imagine insecurities I decided I was going in.
I'm SO glad I did. Everything about the movie was amazing. The message it sent was appropriate and didn't have any backlash from sending another harmful message. The characters were portrayed and played perfectly. In an age where self-esteem and acceptance continue to be a struggle, it was really refreshing see a piece of media get the message on the mark.

12. Twelve Drummers Drumming:
It's the end of the song; what's your favorite book ending?
The Percy Jackson series has this re-occuring theme in each book of a prophecy with the underline motivation of the entire series being a bigger prophecy. I like prophecies so I'm totally cool with this. At the beginning of the series, when Percy finds out that he's actually a demi god we are presented with our underline prophecy that he keeps believing is him. I've mentioned this before but I love how Riordan gives you what seems like something obvious, but at the end of the book it's broken down and makes you see how things aren't always at face-value.

I tag anyone wanting to get into the Christmas Spirit! If you do decide to do this tag, please comment a link below so I can check out your answers.

Comments

Popular Posts