Book covers that are cousins, not twins.

Hey readers!
Today's post is a little bit different than some of the content I've put out recently. I've looked through the internet and found some books that happen to have similar covers. Now this isn't a totally original idea, but I've cruised amazon enough to notice more than one book that has a sibling. Below are just a few that I could remember off the top of my head, but I know there are tons out there still.

I'm not trying to shame any publisher or artist who created these covers. In a world of over-saturation, creativity can be hard. Although these are all similar, none of them are truly identical. I just find it interesting in a place that "not judging a book by it's cover" is common, it may influence popularity of a certain book. 

➳➳➳


My inspiration came from our first pairing.  I've seen Kingdom of Ash & Briars a lot on Instagram lately in book tours and other social media influencesters. I couldn't help but think that the cover looked oddly familiar to another book I've recently seen a lot about, which is City of Ghosts.

Now these two books aren't drastically different. Both are about girls who live in a fantasy world and are tasked with saving it. 



These two are probably the closest covers on my list and were also published within a year of each other. Although they look the same, these two books most definitely don't have the same content. Twilight, for any of you who haven't read it, is a Young adult urban fantasy novel about vampires. Words to live by is a collection of work by C.S. Lewis, who is best known for the Chronicles of Narnia.



These two are probably the least closely related covers, and since the Game of Thrones cover is technically not the original you can decide how much it truly belongs on this list. As you can probably imagine from the covers, these two books actually have a bit in common. They are both fantasy novels set in a series, Game of Thrones is a chess game of rules fighting for a crown where King of Thorns is a King seeking revenge against those who have hurt and wronged him.




These two have similar color tones and general layout, and I'm sure you can find others that look similar as well, especially if you dive into the depths of the internet and get liberal with what you consider a similar cover. The contents of the book are different, both are fantasy but The Woodcutter is just a novel and The Crimes of Grindelwald is a screenplay. I'm sure plenty of you are aware of the story behind the Crimes of Grindelwald, it is a continuation of the story started in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. If any of you haven't been on my blog for a while, The Woodcutter is a garbage fairy tale re-telling of some very classic fairy tales that I DNF'd because it didn't make sense.




Aaaaaand that's all for today guys! Let me know if there are any other similar covers out there for these books I missed. I know there are plenty of other covers out there that match, I've been trying to find the one I've seen that matches A River in Darkness and it's going to drive me insane.

Hope you are all having great holidays!


Comments

Popular Posts