Book Blogger Confessions Tag

Hey readers!
It's been a little bit and since the month of November has been chaotic with reading I figured I'd post a book tag today.

1. Which book, most recently, did you not finish?
I still have not finished The Book Thief. It's not because I don't like the book, I love the story, it's just been a slow going read for me. I am planning on finishing it before 2019.

2. Which book is your guilty pleasure?
I would have to say A Court of Mist & Fury. I understand people don't like the series or are over talking about the book or dislike Maas for parts of her writing that they find problematic. 
Those are all totally valid. For me however, I find Feyre's journey through ACOMAF specifically something sort of inspiring and the fantasy elements are all really well done in my opinion. I felt a connection to her, especially through her internal struggles in the beginning and Rhys's role in helping her through it was super, despite what can be read as ulterior motives.

3. Which book do you love to hate?
There is no specific book that I can say I hate. Even though I've talked plenty about how I dislike a book, I can't say I truly hated it because I learned from it. What is something I can say I hate about books is when I finish something and I felt like I wasted my time on reading it. A book I can specifically think of at the moment is The Siren, which I read earlier this year in the summer. I don't hate the book, I just hate the feeling I had at the end that was nagging on me that I could have been reading anything else besides this.

4. Which book would you throw into the sea?
If it was a message in a bottle type situation, I would probably pick Hope for The Flowers by Trina Paulus. This book, though I haven't read it in years, is one that I hold closer to my heart because it reminds me of my Grandparents who have passed. The book also has a very universal message regarding life. By putting it into a bottle, it would allow somebody else who needs that message find it.

5. Which book have you read the most?
At this point I think Blood & Chocolate and Harry Potter 1-3 are at a tie.

6. Which book would you hate to receive as a present?
I really don't care for cook books or Self help books. I generally just pull a recipe up on my tablet or if I really loved it I'll print it and put it in a binder. Self help books I personally don't find any use for.

7.  Which book could you not live without?
Water: Tales of of Elemental Spirits. It's a weird book to think about living without and I haven't read it in years but it's a collection of super short legends, mostly about mermaids and water spirits. What I love so much about it is the classic folklore element that is added to the writing. If I ever find myself frustrated about reading, I know I can pick this up and read a few and feel excitement about reading fantasy again. There is one story in particular that reminds me of Adriata from ACOMAF.

8. Which book made you the angriest? 
Trying to find the Answer to Question 7 without having a copy of it in front of me. It's the entire reason this post is a day late.

9. Which book made you cry the most?
I generally don't cry that much while reading books. However I did cry once I got to the second half of My Lobotomy. His story is so heartbreaking that it's hard not to feel bad for him despite making the best of his situation.

10. Which book cover do you hate the most?
The original Weetzie Bat, Witch Baby, Cherokee Bat & the Goat Guys, Baby Be-Bop & Missing Angel Juan. They all match and they are a part of Weetzie's story but I don't think they accurately represent the story at all. Some of them have gotten face lifts over the years, but I'm not too crazy about those either. 

 I tag whoever would like to do this tag. I think it's a little silly they're called and you're supposed to tag other people. However if you like these questions and want to do them feel free to link your answers in the comments below.
Let me know if you've read any of these books or how you feel about one in particular.

Comments

Popular Posts