Top 5 Wednesday- Favorite Villains


Welcome to Wednesday, friends!
Today's Topic is Favorite Villains, which is pretty self explanatory.

Now typically, I strictly stick to books for these lists but after going through my Goodreads list, I realized not all books have villains.So I will be branching into different formats, more than likely movies and TV.




1. Ramsay Bolton from GOT: Iwan Rheon did a fantastic job playing Ramsay in the TV show that I can actually say, he's my favorite character in the entire series. A close second is Sansa, which is mostly related to her character development in the series. Although he completed deserved his fate, the pure cruelty that he leads his life with was just plain evil which makes him a great villain. We see why he is so hateful, with Lord Bolton teasing to make Ramsay his legitimate son, but aside from that the twisted way methods he uses are completely from his own dark mind. 


2. Dolores Umbridge from HP: She truly was a great villain. Some people even argue that she was worse than He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Her ruthlessness is what really makes her character so great. The black and white methods she uses for punishment on both the school and the students is very reminiscent of dictators in the past. Umbridge had a lot of potential to take her character far as a villain in this series. Trust me though, I was just as glad as you when she finally left.


3. Heath Ledger's Joker in The Dark Night: I think we can all agree that if Heath had still been living, we would have seen so much more of this character. What I love most about Batman's story line is that the villains portrayed have a lot of depth. Our hero is already a pretty dark character, so to really get into a villain within Gotham you have to go even darker. Considering the Joker is the most notorious Batman villain, you really have to take it far to play this character. And the best part, is his plot-line is so simple; a fucking mad-man with no remorse. I think what really set Heath apart was that with his dead-pan face he used in so much of the movie, you had no doubt that he would kill you and feel nothing by it.



4. Amarantha from ACOTAR: I personally feel like we didn't get enough of Amarantha and if Sarah would ever do a novella on just one character, can it please be the storyline of Amarantha in the first war. I know we get a lot of information through the next two books, but I want to know why she's so evil. Why she hates humans so much, why her sister felt differently regarding Jurian. I thought she was a great villain in ACOTAR. She was ruthless, which in case you can't tell is a great theme here, she was vain, she was powerful and clever. I'm glad she died, rather than become a prisoner of war, but I so wish we could get a bit from her POV in the first war, or even Clythia's POV.



5. Magneto from X-Men: We have seen two actors do an amazing job at playing this villain, and I personally prefer the Fassbender Magneto, sorry Sir Ian McKellen. The reason I prefer the current Magneto is simply because we got to see some of his back story with X-Men: First Class. This movie has to be my favorite of the franchise so far simply because it revived the series but also explored so many of the characters within the comics. In First Class, we get to see Magneto, or at the time Erik Lehnsherr and his upbringing at the time of the Nazi party. Unlike all the rest of the villains on this list, I wouldn't consider Magneto ruthless, but you can almost sympathize with why he separates from the X-Men and Professor X. He was taught hate a very early age in life and carries that with him. I absolutely adore that McKellen does play older Magneto, just had to add that in there.


And that's my list guys! Let me know your favorite villains below! Feel free to send me links to your lists either via Youtube, blog posts, or even twitter posts.



Comments

Popular Posts