Top 5 Wednesday- Books for my younger self

Hello readers, today's Top 5 Wednesday's topic is:
Books for my younger self
Books that you wish your younger self would have read to learn a life lesson, get more self confidence, open your eyes to a new perspective, etc.

  1. Percy Jackson series- I'm so happy I finished this series this summer, and I totally look forward to The Hero's of OIympus series next summer. Part of my wishes I had read these when I was younger, but at the age that this brings back nostalgia for, the books weren't published yet. 
  2. The Mortal Instruments- Eventually I will get through this series, mostly because I want to read the Infernal Devices and the Dark Artifices and my OCD wouldn't let me skip to just those two, however I really wish I read these years ago. Mostly because I feel like I missed out on a lot of the hype, and partly because some of the writing seems a little more juvenile to current YA.
  3. The Lunar Chronicles- 100% wish I read these in High School. I felt like the couples were immature, not in a bad way but just that I had matured passed the high-school crush aura that was throughout the book.
  4. The Selection series- I don't plan to read this series unless by some chance I happen to have time and found them as one of the Kindle $1.99 sales. I know a lot of people really enjoyed the series when they read it years ago, but after reading the Siren, I don't know if I'd have the patience to make it through the books.
  5. Vampire Academy- Much like the Selection series, I don't really plan on reading this series but I know a lot of people really enjoyed it. I think a younger me would have enjoyed reading the series, especially including vampires and mythical creatures.

What are some books you'd wish your younger self had read? Let me know below!

Comments

Popular Posts