The Goodreads Tag

Hey readers!
Today's post was a little late, but I found this tag and I thought it would be really fun to do.

Goodreads is a website I visit probably at least once a day. For anyone not familiar it's a website that is strictly about books. You can keep track of books you've read, want to read, or are currently reading, find reviews or information on books, see lists of new releases or book lists for certain topics or published in a certain year, or find where to buy books. The team at Goodreads seriously does a great job.

So, without further a-do lets get to the tag.

What was the last book you marked as "Read"?

At the time of posting this, the last book I finished was the Cruel Prince.

What are you currently reading?
Ha. I'm currently reading 6 books.

I do read multiple books at once; usually I have an audio, an E Book,and a physical book I've been working on. Since this month is the N.E.W.T.s I knew I was going to have several going at the same time.
The Song of Achilles has been on my Currently Reading the longest. I've made it roughly to the 100 page mark and it's been hard to go back to just because the writing is dry. I've heard it gets better and it may cause tears. The Book Thief has been here a while as well, I started it at the beginning of July but I haven't had as much time for reading as I normally do.
Godsgrave has been a slow read as well just because I'm doing a buddy read with four ladies from Instagram.

What was the last book you marked as TBR?
The Shades of Magic series. I probably wont read this until early 2019.

What book do you plan to read next?

Since I'm in a Read-A-Thon, the last two books I have to tackle are War Storm and Percy Jackson & The Battle of The Labyrinth.

Do you use star rating system?
Yes but not very diligently. I usually at least star rate a book on Goodreads when I'm finished but I never really leave an in-depth review unless I really liked the book.

Are you doing a 2018 reading challenge?
I've smashed my reading challenge for this year. I usually try not to go overboard and I've been trying to find a happy number for amount of books to read in a year.

Do you have a wishlist?
Everything on my "Want To Read" list is a Wishlist. I've organized the books I own into a sub category so that way I know what I have vs. don't.

What book do you plan to buy next?
Six of Crows Seires, I've been eyeballing it for a while.

Do you have any favorite quotes?
Yes, I love a lot of Dumbledore quotes, especially later in the series. Another one of my favorites is "Don't let the hard days win." It sounds really cheesy and simple, but its easy to remember and when I do have a hard day it makes me feel better and reminds me that this hard shit will pass.

Who are your favorite authors?

These three people. On the left is Francesca Lia Block, who I have previously done a blog post for. The center is Annette Curtis Klaus who I pan to do a post on. And the gentleman on the right is Jay Kristoff who is more familiar to most.

Have you joined any groups?
I have joined three groups so far. The first is more active, which is the Top 5 Wednesday Group. Each month they have topics to post your top 5 on for each Wednesday. Shocking, I know.
The other is the Tome Topple read-a-thon group that I recently joined and since the read-a-thon is sporadic through the year it's not a constant. 
The last is group hasn't been active in years and it is for my local library. I've been throwing ideas back and forth on how to maybe help revive the group. 


And that's it for questions.
Anyone reading this, feel free to do the tag! Or let me know below if you use Goodreads or if you want to talk about any of my answers. 
You can find me on Goodreads here, and feel free to add me! I'm always updating reading goals or what page I'm on. If you want to quickly talk about how I felt about a book you can always message me. Or if you see a book on my TBR let me know and maybe we can buddy read.

Comments

Popular Posts