Monthly Wrap Up- August

Hello readers!
Today's post is going to be a wrap up. Though I did just finish the NE.W.T.s and there is a separate recap post, I did end up reading outside of the Read-A-Thon and I picked up a few books.

We will start with all the books I purchased this month!


I found this book off of Goodreads daily Deals email and picked it up for Kindle. I haven't read anything by V.E. Schwab yet, but I do want to read the Shades of Magic series. I haven't heard a whole lot about the VIllians series thought people all over Instagram were super excited for the release. 


I finally picked up the Six of Crows series in physical copy! I listened to Six of Crows via audiobook earlier this year but I wanted to revisit the story because I felt like I missed a lot through that format before continuing to Crooked Kingdom. There was a lot of debate about purchasing the new Special Edition Six of Crows, but I didn't want to wait for a Crooked Kingdom and I didn't want mis-matched series. I'm also really good about not having double copies of books. 


While browsing my favorite local bookstore, I found a second hand copy of this book which, with my credit wound up being free for me. I've heard nothing but great things about this book and I look forward to finding time to read it. 





Now onto the books I've read this month. Most of these have separate reviews so I won't go into too much detail.


I purchased, read, watched the movie, and did a blog post in the span of two days for this graphic novel. I really, truly enjoyed it and I think it really made me reflect deeper on my reading habits. For one, it made me interested in researching the time frame that comics I pick up more which I touched in my Top 5 Wednesday post about Hisorical books. I would recommend reading the Comic first and then watching the movie if you haven't seen it or it's been a while since you've watched it.


These are the books I had set and finished for N.E.W.T.s. which I have recapped in my N.E.W.Ts post. I didn't do individual reviews for PJ's series because I didn't want to start reviewing the books halfway through the series and I'm probably going to do an entire series post about Percy's journey later on this year. 







Thanks for stopping by readers. How was your August? 

Comments

Popular Posts