Top 5 Wednesday

Today's Top 5 Topic is:
Roadtrip books, specifically books about roadtrips.

So, some people may think my list isn't technically right but I don't read enough "Epiphany moment road-trip inducing" contemporaries for the instantaneous list to pop into my head.
These books are ones that I've read that feature a journey that's not located in one place.

1. Eragon- It's been a loooong time but something I do remember and liked about these books was that we got to see parts of the world they were based on. Don't ask me to remember much more, all I got left is dragons.
2.The Da Vinci Code- Technically, Dr. Langdon and Sophie do go on a roadtrip from France to England. There were so many things I discovered while reading this book, like what a Swiss bank account was and why they were so popular. English people are bitter but in the best way possible. I need to visit the Lurve. 
3. Scarlet- Depending on whos side of the story you're remembering, there is a road here. Scarlet and Wolf take a train, maybe a space ship or two but it's still a journey that involves an ever-changing landscape.
4. The Odyssey- Duh. Epic road trip of all time. See what I did there? Odysseus pretty much wins for the best road trip, despite almost dying the entire time and not technically being on a road.
5. Water for Elephants- Who knows how to roadtrip like no other? Circuses, duh. Aside from the animal cruelty this book had so many things going for it; a great villain, a lover interest, the magic of the circus, and the amazing feeling of love from an animal. Too bad they had to ruin it with Pattinson in that movie.

Want to chat about how none of these have to do with roadtrips? Love any of these books? Want to to talk about anything else?
Comment belowwwww.


Comments

  1. I forgot about Water for Elephants! Great choice!

    Lisa @ https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/2018/07/25/top-5-wednesday-road-trip-reads-2018/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the theme of the books you picked, Woman enters left sounds charming.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts