Half Year- Reading Goal

Hello readers!

Today I am checking in on my reading goal and re-capping all the books I've read so far. I'll be breaking it down by month from January until June.
For any of you that follow me on Goodreads, you may notice this is more books than listed there. I do not document my re-reads on Goodreads. The main reason I don't is because I would never read new books, I'd just continuously read my favorites.
And speaking about Goodreads, I try to keep my goal reasonable every year. Last year I believe it was 20 and this year I raised it to 30 since I had a better idea of what I would read in a year.

January



January started out slow, I had a bit of a book hangover from Pillars of The Earth that I finished on December 31st. My favorite book this month was Every Heart a Doorway, I went in blind listening to it and the story was a pleasant surprise. Milk & Honey I have mixed feelings about, I didn't like the book at first due to the themes of the book but towards the end I felt more connected to the material.

February

I didn't realize how sad February was for reading for me. Both of these books were slow for me to read. I started Outlander in December and eventually switched to audiobook to finish. Three Dark Crowns is a slow start but I ended up liking it.

March

I was compelled to finish the Lunar Chronicles this month so I finished listening to Cress and Winter. I've done a blog post about all of these books, but my favorite was They Both Die At The End. 

April

During April, I decided to start spotlighting some authors that I enjoy but I don't hear much about. I also participated in the O.W.L.S read-a-thon, which explains why I read so much. My favorite book in this bunch would be Illuminae. 

May

Another heavy reading month but a lot of these books were short. I finished my Francesca Lia Block recap and caught up on my 3rd re-read of the ACOTAR series since ACOFAS came out. It's hard to pick a favorite for this month, but I'd probably have to go with A River In Darkness.

June


Now we're back to an average reading month! I finally read ACOFAS, which I have reviewed. I also finally took the plunge and read Obsidio despite not wanting to be done with those characters. My favorite would have to be Obsidio out of this group. 


What has your year looked like so far? Let me know in the comments below.

Comments

Popular Posts