Unique Book Sources

⤔πŸ”ΌπŸ”»πŸ”Ό⬹


Hey guys!
In celebration of National Library week, today's post is going to be about unique places to get books for cheap or free. 


The first website is NetGalley, which I've been a member of for almost a year. Through NetGalley you are able to pick up books prior to their release date. You create a profile stating what kind of reviewer and listing any platforms that you use to review books. When I first started my NetGalley account, I only reviewed books on Goodreads so you don't have to have a blog, youtube, or instagram account to be able to participate.


I was able to pick up great books like The Tethered Mage by Melissa Caruso to review. Make sure to read the fine print for each book listed, because some titles have restrictions, such as any review is posted after a certain date.  I've also seen titles such as Godsgrave and Children of Blood and Bone listed as well. 



The next website I'd like to talk about is actually an App called OverDrive.
OverDrive is a free website where you can access audiobooks from your local library. You will need a library card in order to actually use the App, but once you're signed up it's really easy to use. They occasionally will do discussions for global book clubs or have featured authors.


The last place I'd like to talk about may be the easiest for you to participate. Some local libraries do book sales for either copies of books they have too many of, brand new books, or donations from the community. We all know there are used book stores out there, but it's not as obvious that your library would sell rather than rent out books. I was able to pick up a hard copy of The Cruel Prince, which came out in January and a hard cover of Ever The Hunted for $3 each. 




Thats all for today! I just wanted to share with you all places I tend to find books in super frugal ways. If you like posts like this, I can keep looking for other not-so-conventional places.
Thanks!
⤔πŸ”ΌπŸ”»πŸ”Ό⬹

Comments

Popular Posts