I Dare You Book Tag

⤔πŸ”ΌπŸ”»πŸ”Ό⬹

Hello my fellow book lovers!
I was debating back and forth on what tag to do for today's post. I had a few written down for ideas, but I decided to browse the good 'ol Google for some inspiration and found the I Dare You Book tag from Nerdybooklife.

1. Which book has been on your self the longest?

Harry Potter 1-4

2.What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?

LR: Six of Crows
CR: City of Bones
FR: Nevernight

3. What book(s) did everyone like but you hated?

So far it's been the Mortal Instruments Series, though I'm just starting it and I've heard it gets better.

4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but probably won’t?

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I've gotten a good way through it a few years ago but I never finished and I can't remember what it's about.


5. Which books are you saving for retirement?

Uhhhh...?



6. Last Page: Read it first, or wait until the end

It depends. If I'm looking for a new book, I'll usually read the synopsis and either read the first page or the last page. If I know it's a book I want to read based on reviews, I'll wait until the end.



7. Acknowledgments: wast of paper and ink, or interesting aside?

I don't ever read the acknowledgements unless its a cute blurb at the front of the book but I think it's sweet.



8. Which book character would you switch places with?

Is it too basic to pick a Harry Potter character? Because I totally pick Hermione. Otherwise it'd be Feyre from ACOMAF for what I consider very obvious reasons. *cough*Rhysand*cough*



9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, place, a time)?

Hope for the Flowers by Trina Paulus will always remind me of my grandparents. When I was little I remember reading it at my Grandma's house but it was a tattered copy. My Grandpa gave me a brand new copy for my birthday one year and it's my most treasured book.



10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.

Once upon a time I used to have a pen pal right when I first got into reading. This was after my first chapter book (which was a MR. Putter and Tabby book). She had been reading the Babysitters Club sent me a few copies. I knew even back then not to trust people with loaning out books because although she sent me her favorites, I was in no way sending her any of my Pony Pal books.



11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

The only books I've ever given away are ones to borrow. None of them for a very special reason, usually because they asked to borrow it.



12. Which book has been with you the most places?

It's a tie between one of the original Harry Potter books or my copy of H.P. Lovecraft's works.



13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?

"Things Fall Apart" I thought took forever to get through in High school. Now, I occasionally reflect back on the book and the different lessons or referrals to the culture that were in it. I would consider re-reading it again one day.



14. What’s the strangest item you’ve found in a book?

I'm a firm believer in using whatever you have as a book mark, so occasionally when I pick up one of my older books I'll find a piece of paper or unused band aid.



15. Used or Brand New?

Both!



16. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?

Yes, I've read Angels & Demons and The Davinci Code. I read them in the reverse order, but I enjoyed The Davinci code way more. I love the twists in historical references throughout his books. Although they are clearly fiction, it's fun to read.



17. Have you ever seen a movie you like better than the book? 

I read the first chapter of Red Sparrow and I wasn't huge on it but I did like the Movie.



18. Is there a book you think never should have been published?

Eh... The Woodcutter by Kate Danley. I had the Kindle version and I started reading it. I made it I think at least 20% in before I couldn't take it anymore. 

19. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks excluded? 

Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. Not even for cliche reasons, I really liked the way his pie was illustrated.

20. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?

I follow quite a few Youtubers for reviews and a few on Instagram aswell. They're part of the reason I decided to start my own platform for reviews. However G from Bookroast is somebody who's reviews I definitely take into consideration if I can't figure out what to read next on my TBR. I've read a few books she's done reviews on and for the most part she's the only person I've found so far who has the closest reading tastes to my own. 


Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to do this tag below in the comments or we can talk about our favorites!

Comments

Popular Posts